Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART LC review of draft-bradner-iaoc-terms-01

2015-07-29 05:18:07
On Jul 29, 2015, at 2:43 AM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

I'm on travel so cannot consult my copy of Roberts Rules, but I
assume there is a conventional solution to this problem, which
certainly isn't unique to the IAOC.

Nor I, but it is approximately as follows -

Whomever convened the meeting steps forward at the appropriate time,
calls the meeting to order, and moves that a specific person who is present
act as the chairman of meeting.  A second is required, and upon second
(and confirmation by the nominated person that they are willing to chair),
the party that made the motion then puts it to assembly for a vote.  The
one who is elected then takes over as chair of the meeting at that point,
and proceeds by announcing first order of business on the agenda.

/John