Re: [DNSOP] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-onion-tld-00.txt> (The .onion Special-Use Domain Name) to Proposed Standard

2015-08-10 15:26:18
On 10 Aug 2015, at 13:25, Alec Muffett wrote:

So, by this analysis I think Onions in http (and by extension https) are fine.

Not to mention, appropriate. :-)

If the smiley means "they're already deployed, so we don't get to talk about whether they're appropriate", then fine, but that's why a bunch of people are complaining about the precedent this sets.

If the smiley means "this is a good protocol design that other people should follow", then I'm not sure we have consensus on that.

--
Joe Hildebrand