Re: Protocol Action: 'Captive-Portal Identification in DHCP / RA' to Proposed Standard (draft-wkumari-dhc-capport-16.txt)

2015-10-09 12:54:18
Hello,

Please allow me a comment on this RFC.

During my recent travel I encountered two hotspots which re-direct to "controller.access.network" FQDN in the URL bar of the browser.

It looked to me as a 'standardized' FQDN since the domain .network does not exist AFAIK, and since this was on two different hotspots (hotel and airport). Is access.network a standardized domain? (I am thinking of a test domain or so).

If so then that might be the content of this DHCP/RA option proposed in the RFC?

Alex