Re: Protocol Action: 'Captive-Portal Identification in DHCP / RA' to Proposed Standard (draft-wkumari-dhc-capport-16.txt)

2015-10-09 13:06:32
 Alexandre Petrescu writes:

Hello,

Please allow me a comment on this RFC.

During my recent travel I encountered two hotspots which re-direct to
"controller.access.network" FQDN in the URL bar of the browser.

It looked to me as a 'standardized' FQDN since the domain .network does
not exist AFAIK, and since this was on two different hotspots (hotel and
airport).  Is access.network a standardized domain? (I am thinking of a
test domain or so).

It seems to exist, see below.

        jaap

whois -h whois.donuts.co access.network

Domain Name: access.network
Domain ID: 4911f43c8419487cb1bf66d38c65baa5-D
WHOIS Server: http://whois.ovh.com
Referral URL: http://www.ovh.com
Updated Date: 2015-03-24T12:30:32Z
Creation Date: 2015-03-19T12:30:20Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2016-03-19T12:30:20Z
Sponsoring Registrar: OVH SAS
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 433
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
https://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
https://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registrant ID: ovh550ac3710a4h
Registrant Name: Didier PLATEAU
Registrant Organization: Ucopia Communications
Registrant Street: 201 Avenue Pierre Brossolette
Registrant City: Montrouge
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code: 92120
Registrant Country: FR
Registrant Phone: +33.140927390
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: admin(_at_)ucopia(_dot_)com
Admin ID: ovh550ac3720o99
Admin Name: Didier PLATEAU
Admin Organization: Ucopia Communications
Admin Street: 201 Avenue Pierre Brossolette
Admin City: Montrouge
Admin State/Province:
Admin Postal Code: 92120
Admin Country: FR
Admin Phone: +33.140927390
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: admin(_at_)ucopia(_dot_)com
Tech ID: ovh550ac3720o99
Tech Name: Didier PLATEAU
Tech Organization: Ucopia Communications
Tech Street: 201 Avenue Pierre Brossolette
Tech City: Montrouge
Tech State/Province:
Tech Postal Code: 92120
Tech Country: FR
Tech Phone: +33.140927390
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: admin(_at_)ucopia(_dot_)com
Name Server: dns200.anycast.me
Name Server: ns200.anycast.me
DNSSEC: signedDelegation
Last update of WHOIS database: 2015-10-09T17:58:08Z <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/epp-status-codes-2014-06-16-en

Terms of Use: Users accessing the Donuts WHOIS service must agree to use the
data only for lawful purposes, and under under no circumstances use the data
to: Allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission by e-mail, telephone,
or facsimile of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations to
entities other than the registrar's own existing customers. Enable high volume,
automated, electronic processes that send queries or data to the systems of
Donuts or any ICANN-accredited registrar, except as reasonably necessary to
register domain names or modify existing registrations. When using the Donuts
Whois service, please consider the following: The Whois service is not a
replacement for standard EPP commands to the SRS service. Whois is not
considered authoritative for registered domain objects. The Whois service may
be scheduled for downtime during production or OT&E maintenance periods.
Queries to the Whois services are throttled. If too many queries are recei!
 ved from a single IP address within a specified time, the service will begin
to reject further queries for a period of time to prevent disruption of Whois
service access.