Re: email reminders say when a draft expires, but not that you can't submit?

2015-10-20 19:29:29

In message <5626D376(_dot_)9050106(_at_)bogus(_dot_)com>, joel jaeggli writes:

On 10/20/15 4:15 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
In message <5626C842(_dot_)3010107(_at_)bogus(_dot_)com>, joel jaeggli
writes:

The draft deadline is to provide for a break between the time of
submission and the meeting proper. a lot of work has to be done to
agendas, reading and so on in the interceeding two weeks. Nevertheless
we have an established system for  exception handling so if for
whatever
reason a updated draft really needs to be posted in the next two weeks,
ask the responsible AD, and it will be addressed.

Why force people to use the exception mechanisms when a little bit
of proactive action can avoid the issue altogether?

I doubt very much this is the sole reason where recourse to exception
handling is necessary.

This doesn't need to be debated it can simply be handled.

If it doesn't need to be addressed because it's not actually a problem
so much the better.

joel

Mark

Below is the last expire message due that I got.  You will note
that it was sent 9 days before the expiry was due but we now have
a 2 week embargo period (it used to 1 week for existing drafts and
9 days was barely enough time to get a revision in under the deadline,
but people gamed the system).  There is no indication of when the
embargo period will occur.

The following draft will expire soon:

Name:     draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc6598-rfc6303
Title:    Add 100.64.0.0/10 prefixes to IPv4 Locally-Served DNS Zones Registry.
State:    I-D Exists
Expires:  2015-04-30 (in 1 week, 2 days)

How hard would it to be to add one or two lines saying when the
submission embargo will be to this message?

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka(_at_)isc(_dot_)org