Re: email reminders say when a draft expires, but not that you can't submit?

2015-10-21 23:40:46
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/search/?name=saratoga&activeDrafts=on

on the plus side, the draft tools seem to recognise that the tool is closed, so
these drafts that expired after it was shut haven't actually expired yet...

Lloyd Wood
http://about.me/lloydwood
From: ietf <ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> on behalf of
l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk
<l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>
Sent: Wednesday, 21 October 2015 11:29 AM
To: joelja(_at_)bogus(_dot_)com; marka(_at_)isc(_dot_)org;
brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: email reminders say when a draft expires, but not that you can't
submit?

I think the point is that the reminder should have the next submission
cut off date in it as well as the reopening date so people can plan
the work appopriately and the reminder should be timely enough that
you can do a update before the submission deadline.

Any reminders due between the submission cut off and a week after
the submission queue re-opens should be brought forward by the cut
off interval plus 2 weeks.

exactly. Give advance warning, get more drafts updated in a timely manner for
meetings.

I mean, six months ago I submitted drafts before the expiry date and IETF
meeting deadline, and now, six months later, it's after the meeting deadline,
so the meeting's... er, slightly earlier in the cycle?

(in the case of http://saratoga.sf.net/ experience is slowly shaking out and
improving nuances of draft text, and I'm learning that implementing complex
transport protocols from scratch is a very slow process. No need to push a
slightly updated draft through specially for Japan - it's not an exception.)

Lloyd Wood
http://about.me/lloydwood