Re: Google threatens to break Gmail

2015-10-21 21:21:23
On 22/10/2015 14:59, Ross Finlayson wrote:
Will the problem with Mailman distribution of DMARC-contaminated messages
be fixed in time for this,or must we gmail users start to look for a
more reasonable provider?

Or perhaps people who subscribe to IETF mailing lists can start doing so
using more professional-looking email addresses :-)

Um, why? We don't represent our employers here, and many people change
jobs or even countries but prefer their IETF email to continue uninterrupted.
I started using gmail precisely to avoid the problems and stupidities of
corporate
email, and of access across travel and relocation, and I know I'm not alone.

(Note that it’s possible, I think, to continue to use 3rd-party email
services like ‘Gmail’ with email addresses that use your own domain name
rather than “@gmail.com" (and, as a beneficial side effect, you won’t be
subject to DMARC).)

Only, I think, if your corporate provider has made a suitable deal with G.

    Brian