Re: Google threatens to break Gmail

2015-10-22 09:39:21
On Thu, 22 Oct 2015, Russ Housley wrote:

Versions of Mailman beyond 2.1.15 have no capacity for sending out password
reminders; it was removed.  Brian, you have loudly argued for this capability
to be retained.

I must have missed it between all the email reminders with passwords :)

It seems to me that DMARC re-writing is a more important feature for this
community.  I think we should drop support for the password messages and move
to a newer version.  I'd like the tools team to check this out, and then if the
newer version will not introduce other surprises, move to the newer version.

It is Oct 21 2015. While I am not insisting we have flying cars or
hooverboards, I think the IETF not sending plaintext passwords through
unencrypted email is highly overdue. It would be great if on Nov 1st
when my plane lands in Yokohama, I am not treated by a number of IETF
password emails.

Paul