Re: Google threatens to break Gmail

2015-10-26 10:55:05
On 10/25/2015 09:41 PM, Philip Homburg wrote:
In your letter dated 25 Oct 2015 20:24:55 -0000 you wrote:
No idea how flexible mailman is, but how hard would it be to write some
code that ...

Instead of guessing, five seconds of googlage found this informative page:

http://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC

I guess this is a complex way of saying, no mailman doesn't do that?

From what I read on that page, that is essentially what mailman does (at
least as one of the options), but in a slightly less confrontational way
(i.e. not From: 'bad mail config at sender', but simply From: 'replaced
by list'). It even notes that it breaks reply-to and search, though it
certainly doesn't make an exhaustive list of UI/client processing problems.

Jelte