Re: Looking for Area Directors Under Lampposts

2015-11-16 08:22:14

On Nov 16, 2015, at 9:19 AM 11/16/15, Eliot Lear <lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Hi Ralph,

On 11/16/15 3:03 PM, Ralph Droms wrote:

An interesting question is whether we could design a distributed system
that achieves the same effect at the same (or better) quality?

For example, could we achieve the same effect by convening a review panel
for each ID consisting of one or two members of the directorate of every
area?
I think ADs could take this action independently, if they choose to and
without any formalism, under the more general umbrella of delegating
responsibility to the directorates...

So long as accountability to the community remains intact.

Agreed - which, in my mind, argues in favor of ADs doing the delegation as part
of their job, in which case they would retain responsibility for the outcome
... rather than a formal delegation process.

- Ralph

Eliot