Re: Discussion on my recent posting

2015-11-23 04:08:49
Hi,

  Draft talks about open issues in SIP Security (Which is within
IETF). Then it asks the audience to have the opinion whether they want
to fix them one by one. Or they are interested in out-of-box solution
like Cashless Economy and Complete Multimedia Recording..

  IETF and IRTF has been working on anti-spam solutions. In Cashless
Economy due to end-to-end traceability SPAM will not happen. And it
solves other issues also in the society like terrorism, bribery etc.

  IETF has Security Consideration for all the documents. In out-of-box
solution like Complete multimedia recording, we do not need complex
security mechanism.It obviates the need of the complex laws etc. IETF
has its laws bunch of the RFC and Note-Well kind of statements etc,
which will be also not needed in Complete Multimedia Recordings.

IMHO, The out-of-box solutions are relevant to IETF and IRTF also. It
is upto the IETF to decide what they want, one by one fix of the
solutions to the open issues  in SIP Security  or out-of-box solution.

Thanks
Samir

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 10:15 AM, John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>