Re: Checksum at IP layer - is it even needed ?

2015-12-16 04:37:50
On 16 December 2015 at 12:02, Alexey Eromenko <al4321(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:
I don't think a bunch of broken middleboxes need a new standard, like
SRV to change ports.
Those broken middleboxes can listen to those random ports via SRV, and
break them also...

It is not a solution. Really.

Sorry I got side-tracked, my like for SVCINFO has nothing to do with
broken middle boxes. It's about discovering all needed information to
correctly connect to needed service with one DNS query.
Imagine you deploy HTTPv2 server reachable only via QUIC in IPv6, how
will client figure out correct IP address, correct protocol version,
correct transport protocol on A/AAAA, SRV and SVCINFO? SVCINFO can
deliver that information in single query.

--
  ++ytti