Re: Checksum at IP layer - is it even needed ?

2015-12-16 03:44:45
On 16 December 2015 at 08:55, Masataka Ohta
<mohta(_at_)necom830(_dot_)hpcl(_dot_)titech(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp> wrote:
Sorry, browser is just an example and any application using domain
names can support SRV to avoid default port numbers contaminated by
ALGs. See below for examples of mail and name applications.

Friends of SRV should read
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lear-httpbis-svcinfo-rr-01

a) if we add SRV to browsers, we need to do +3 DNS lookup per resource
'for ever', SRVINFO will allow for 1 ultimately. In transition phase 3
is needed for any solution. But new protocol, like HTTP2 could be good
driver for new DNS RR.
b) it can announce all the transport protocols you're supporting (that
is, migration to new L4 does not add another DNS query, and migration
to new HTTP/SSH version is made easy)

--
  ++ytti