Re: Checksum at IP layer - is it even needed ?

2015-12-16 03:54:00

On 16 Dec 2015, at 10:44, Saku Ytti wrote:

a) if we add SRV to browsers, we need to do +3 DNS lookup per resource 'for
ever'

We need to be careful with what and how we count.

As the author of the URI RR spec I was often shut down by people liking HTTP as
they claimed URI would add the terrible extra round trip in DNS over UDP, when
it in reality did save one roundtrip on top of TCP for a HTTP redirect (which
HTTP people did not have anything against).

I.e. it very quickly turns into religion.

   Patrik