RE: Cross-area review (was Meeting rotation)

2015-12-25 14:56:26
Brian Carpenter wrote:
But they do not get published without review; it's just that the criteria
are different, and sometimes the ISE says no. (Speaking as a member of the
Independent Submissions Editorial Board, as a published author in the
Independent
stream, and as a co-author of a draft currently submitted to that stream.)

Correct, but they do get published without the review process that is used for
IETF documents, and the process is quite nicely tuned for stuff that you want
to publish without that review process.   I suspect it's quite a bit like the
IETF review process was before it got to the stage Dave is complaining about,
but since I never tried to publish a document during that era I can't say for
sure.   I by no means intended to cast aspersions on the ISE process.