Re: What to improve? BCP-38/SAC-004 anyone?

2015-12-31 16:59:29

Leif Johansson <leifj(_at_)mnt(_dot_)se> wrote:
    >> Is this connected to the fact that not even people developing standards
    >> use very same standards?

    > The problem is that we don't have enough dogs on our tasting panels: we
    > need to get more ops folks directly & actively involved in the IETF.

We've said that for years.
My take from what Patrik said is different:
   - we need to demand that people who participate in the IETF process use
     more of the specifications that we write.

What if ipv6(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org and all of the 6*@ietf.org WG lists simply
didn't
accept email over IPv4?

What if they rejected email that was text/plain with lines longer than 80
characters long? (or 72 or 77, or..)

As the owner of a technology business, I regularly get emails (often with
resume attached), offering me the service to redesign my web site.
Strangely, few of them actually *have* a web site.

I think that Patrik is saying the same thing of the IETF.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-