Re: What to improve? BCP-38/SAC-004 anyone?

2015-12-31 17:01:53

Brian E Carpenter <brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > That seems worth a bit more discussion. I'd always naively assumed that
BCP38 was
    > scalable since all it appears to need is a prefix match, and routers are
very
    > good at matching prefixes; it's just that they don't normally match the
source
    > prefix. Could some router-vendor person comment on this?

It's also really really really cheap to do in the CMTS or PPP concentrator,
where for IPv4, it's often not even a "prefix" machine, but a /32 match.

IPv6 with PD makes it potentially a list...

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-