Re: Hotel situation

2016-01-08 17:32:21
At 10:27 PM +0200 1/4/16, Jari Arkko wrote:

 I take the guidance to the IAOC should be at least:

- make sure the room blocks are better sufficient than they have been in last meetings
 - use successful meeting places multiple times

 What else?

 prefers Minneapolis

Personally, I love cold places, particularly during winter. But for the record, Minneapolis has some drawbacks, too, such as flight connections being somewhat limited compared to, say, Vancouver or Dallas or Atlanta.

I view personal and work travel as two very different things, so I'm not looking for IETFs to meet in places I want to visit (I'll go on my own). Personally, I hate going to cold places (I never check bags and much prefer flying with lighter/fewer clothing layers), and felt that Hawaii was a terrific meeting venue (especially because the reception and other events could be held outdoors, and we could talk to people without going hoarse from shouting). I do think the Minneapolis, Vancouver, and Dallas venues worked well.

--
Randall Gellens
Most people and their lazy, conventional ways of thinking wear