Re: Should I make and donate a patent to Open Invention Network?

2016-01-23 09:12:33
1. Can I submit a patent application,  after submitting IETF draft ?

The answer depends on what country you're talking about.  In the
United States, there is usually a one-year grace period, in
other countries there may not be.  (But keep in mind that the IETF
mailing list is not a reliable source of legal advice.)

2. Which of the three options would you choose, in my position?

I would disclose the invention and forget about the patent.  Getting a
patent is expensive, thousands of dollars in each country where you
file, and despite the hopes of inventors most patents turn out to have
no value.

R's,
John