Re: AirBnB, was Re: Hotel situation

2016-01-29 12:13:04
While YMMV I and my colleagues have had some success with this for business
travel. Of course it
means walking to the venue (or a taxi) but then I think that is a chance to
enjoy the local culture
and see how people in another country live.

If the location is good it can work great.  At the Paris IETF I found
an airbnb apartment a block from the venue, with the benefit of having
no staff to rifle through my valuables.

In B.A. I expect most of the airbnb's will be a long way from the
Hilton so check the location carefully.  Taxis are quite cheap, but
the time can be significant.

R's,
John