Re: A standard for XML - JSON mapping.

2016-02-01 05:17:55
Julian Reschke wrote:
I'm not sure about the futile part; AFAIU, there are valid use cases for
the above.

Sure, IBM's format seems to work for IBM's use case.  I just think that
trying to define a generic, application-independent mapping between JSON
and XML is not so useful.

But XML->JSON of course is much more complex; if a generic
transformation is needed the result will be extremely ugly.

Obviously. The XML data model (e.g., ESIS) is much more complex than
JSON's, and whatever generic mapping from ESIS to the JSON data model is
defined, it won't "look like JSON" in the end.

Grüße, Carsten