wrt draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs

2016-02-01 19:01:25
Hi Alexey,

I was taking a look at wrt draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs and noted that it says this in Section 3..

   [...]
                                       Matching is performed according
   to the rules specified in Section 6 of [RFC6125], including the
   relative order of matching of different identifier types,
   "certificate pinning" and the procedure on failure to match.  The
   following inputs are used by the verification procedure used in
   [RFC6125]:

   [...]

   The rules and guidelines defined in [RFC6125] apply to an email
   server certificate, with the following supplemental rules:

   [...various supplemental rules to add to those defined in RFC6125.. ]

..thus I am curious as to why draft-ietf-uta-email-tls-certs does not officially update RFC6125 -- should it not (in addition to updating four other RFCs as it notes) ?

thanks, HTH,

=JeffH