Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-07.txt>

2016-02-16 07:26:17

--On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 07:04 -0500 Keith Moore
<moore(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com> wrote:

Sadly Keith Moore's addrquery draft seems to have stalled:

    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moore-email-addrquery-01

I agree that was a promising direction...  Yes I quibbled over
the details, but certainly not with the intention of blocking
it, rather I wanted it to be more realistically deployable...
It's not dead.   I'm still working on it and will try to get a
revision out this coming weekend.

This is great.   However, other than demonstrating that there is
an alternative, it doesn't seem to me to change the status of
draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-07 or the current Last Call at all.
Unless the DANE WG or the IESG want to pull that draft, the
availability, or even community acceptance, of
draft-moore-email-addrquery does not prevent their proposing an
experiment involving DNS-stored keys, nor does it reduce the
requirement that the community try to figure out what the
conditions are that would or would not make that experiment and
its specification acceptable.

    john