Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-07.txt>

2016-02-19 01:24:00

Hi John,

On 19/02/16 06:31, John C Klensin wrote:

I think such a paragraph would be a significant step forward.  I
don't think it is a substitute for any of the drafts being clear
about known issues and security risks, including warnings (aka
"considerations") about the difference between obtaining a key
and authentication of the key vis-a-vis the supposed key owner.
I don't know whether you consider that separate from "...other
points made about this draft." or not.

Yep, the intent is for this to be additional to whatever text may
be needed to handle specific points about the rest of the draft
content. So this doesn't touch on the lhs issue or others that need
separate consideration.

And comments are welcome on the specific text proposal as well,
esp if we want to include more or less the same words in the
various drafts in this space.

Cheers,
S.