Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-07.txt>

2016-02-16 08:19:11
On Tue, 16 Feb 2016, Keith Moore wrote:

 Sadly Keith Moore's addrquery draft seems to have stalled:

     https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moore-email-addrquery-01

 I agree that was a promising direction...  Yes I quibbled over
 the details, but certainly not with the intention of blocking it,
 rather I wanted it to be more realistically deployable...
It's not dead. I'm still working on it and will try to get a revision out this coming weekend.

Unfortunately, the draft is useless for end-to-end encryption, as it
relies on a clean path from the client to the recipient's SMTP server
which is frequently blocked by ISP's and could be blocked more in the
future to prevent end-to-end encryption using this new RRTYPE.

This was explained in various discussions on the DANE list.

Paul