Re: draft-klensin-iaoc-member-01 (was: Re: I-D Action: draft-hardie-iaoc-iab-update-00.txt)

2016-02-19 00:13:56
On 2/18/16 12:05 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

If we follow the path of writing down all the rules for this, we need
a procedure to follow in this imaginary case (and probably a dozen
others I could think of if I tried).  If we follow the path of
assuming that the so-called leadership will behave in a responsible
fashion, we don't need any of those rules.

If we assume the counter-factual conditional; that we can limit the
potential for exposure to bad actors through rule-making (as opposed to
consensus decisions) we're down an incredibly strange wormhole.

If a process describes, how to install people in roles, what the roles
do, and how to remove them if the community concludes that they've
strayed, and that proves to be workable, we're doing pretty good.

 And if we don't think that
the so-called leadership will behave in a responsible fashion, then I
think we should be worrying about an altogether different set of
issues.

Best regards,