Re: Chris Elliott has passed away...

2016-03-03 12:57:55
--- jim(_at_)daedelus(_dot_)com wrote:
From: Jim Martin <jim(_at_)daedelus(_dot_)com>

But far more important than any of that, Chris was a
friend and colleague. His wit and ready laugh, his
kindness and his wisdom will be missed.
-------------------------------------

When IETF came to Honolulu I met Chris and he allowed
me to hang out in the NOC and learn during setup week
and during the meeting week.  In addition he made me
feel comfortable when I'm normally pretty shy.  He
also allowed me to hang out with the NOC guys remotely
on subsequent meetings since, so I got to know him.
His constant smile, cheer and encouragement is
something I will always remember.  He will be missed
by more than most folks know.

Aloha Nui I kou hou huaka`i Chris!
scott

(big aloha to you on your new trip)