Re: ietf.org unaccessible for Tor users

2016-03-16 16:31:51
On 3/16/16 15:49, Michael StJohns wrote:
I'm still trying to wrap my head around an "I must not be caught" protocol designer.

Admittedly it's not being done in the IETF, but I would think that a Russian working on bitcoin-related protocols would be justifiably concerned about their safety at the moment, given that Russia recently imposed a penalty of two years of jail time for simply using cryptocurrencies.

It's not terribly far-fetched to think that a similarly-minded regime might at some point in the not-to-distant future take a similarly dim view of working on security protocols in the IETF, such as PERC (or anything in the SEC area) -- backed up with similar consequences.

/a