Re: [rtcweb] Uppercase question for RFC2119 words

2016-04-01 11:08:17

On 4/1/16, 11:33 AM, "ietf on behalf of tom p."
<ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org on
behalf of daedulus(_at_)btconnect(_dot_)com> wrote:

Also, I see a number of ADs pushing for a SHOULD to be accompanied in
the I-D by the valid reasons why it will not happen, as opposed to
leaving it up to the implementor, and again, I see this as not
compliant, but again, I see it as a good idea.

The above is what I would expect.

"there
   carefully weighed before choosing a different course.²

Some examples of those cases is useful in understanding why ³SHOULD² is
used. It might not be an exhaustive list.

Lee

Tom Petch

As a complete side thing, I wonder how this all seems to
German-speakers, as German uses initial caps for all nouns.  I
wonder
if anyone even notices if someone fails to do that.  I wonder if it
becomes puzzling, perhaps in some instances.

Barry