Re: Last Call on draft-bradner-rfc3979bis-08.txt ("Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology")

2016-04-13 15:27:22
On 14/04/2016 08:04, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
Which is why most chairs, when trying to get a sense of the room on
something, always ask the obverse question, and sometimes even ask "how many
people don't care."

I've also heard "who is abstaining?" and even "who is not listening?".

I think what John is getting at (please correct me if I'm wrong) is
individuals who have influenced the draft behind the scenes but stay
silent in public. Whether they are in the room is a little beside the
point.