Re: [IAB] Call for Comment: <draft-iab-rfc3677bis> (IETF ISOC Board of Trustee Appointment Procedures)

2016-04-20 14:41:29
that is not actually consistent

the proposed bylaws change says that the seat is added to the next selection
cycle
not that someone gets picked outside of the cycle and only gets seated when the
people seated by the next selection cycle get seated

it would seem to be more straightforward to just say “added to the next
selection cycle” and
I think it would be easier on the IETF to not run multiple selection processes
(perhaps overlapping)
in a year

Scott

On Apr 20, 2016, at 3:30 PM, Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com>