Re: The ecosystem is moving

2016-05-13 12:34:01
I have to agree with Martin's general conclusions here: using XMPP is
really hard, both as an end-user and as a provider.   I am able to get it
working about one out of every three IETFs.  The sticky wicket tends to be
finding a place that will both host my XMPP account _and_ interoperate with
the IETF's XMPP server.

Why doesn't the IETF just operate an XMPP server on which IETF participants
can get accounts?   Layer 9, or is it just really hard?