Re: The ecosystem is moving

2016-05-14 14:24:53
Now, I have no doubt that I'm missing some sooper seecret sauce, have bad
google-fu, should not be using a Mac because reasons, or whatever. But that's
beside the point. As abjectly incompetent as I undoubtedly am with jabber, I
doubt very very much that I rise to the level of incompetence of the average
user setting up IM for the first time.

There certainly are a lot of IM clients, with a lot of them not
working very well.  I gave up on Adium, and now use Jitsi on my
Mac which has been quite reliable for what I do, including IETF
group chats.  My XMPP name is my Gmail address.

R's,
John