Re: Last Call: <draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis-12.txt> (Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations Section in RFCs) to Best Current Practice

2016-06-06 16:45:21
draft-ietf-tls-tls1.3 is going to widow/orphan some registries and obsolete RFC
5246.  What I’m hoping to do is not update the references for these
widowed/orphaned registries and include a Note in the IANA registries that says
something along the lines of “These registries are for TLS 1.2, 1.1, and 1.0”.
Assuming the words in the draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis allow me to do that
I’ll be happy.

spt