Re: [GROW] Last Call: <draft-ietf-grow-blackholing-00.txt> (BLACKHOLE BGP Community for Blackholing) to Proposed Standard

2016-07-01 17:26:51
I would expect this proposed community to be used along with adding
no-export on receipt at the peer, because sending the community more
broadly isn't as helpful.

and we all know accidents never happen.  and, networks which do not
implement also will not drop export.

I suggest that if there are objections to the current version we get
some text on-list where we can hash out next-steps, if there's no text
offered I think we all vote to move this document forward.

when something is fatally flawed, adding or changing text is not gonna
help a lot.

to make this not a serious attack vector, one or more of the following
are needed:
  o non-transitive
  o not well-known (which saves it today)
  o authenticated (no sidr is not very helpful.  though there might be a
    hack where the the community also contains a sig by the prefix
    owner.  but it would take the sidr wg five years to nit pick it to
    death)

randy