Re: 10 a.m.

2016-07-11 08:55:26
My experience of this was that I heard at the plenary that it was popular
and that we would try it again, but did not hear a proposal for when
(although I may be misremembering that).   And then when I found out about
it on the agenda, it was news to me.   And I'd bought my tickets assuming a
9am meeting start time and assuming I wouldn't be able to make the last
meeting on Friday, and then realized I wouldn't be able to stay for the
whole first meeting either.

So on the one hand, I think this was pre-discussed.   But on the other
hand, the messaging wasn't sufficiently effective _for me_.   I just looked
in the registration announcement and the "meeting information"
announcement, and there's nothing there.   The first I noticed it was when
I looked at the preliminary agenda.

I am painfully well acquainted with the vicissitudes of IESG life, so I
feel it would be churlish to point fingers, but I will say that if we do
this again, the information should be at the top of both those
announcements in large, friendly letters.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 6:49 AM, Tim Chown