Re: 10 a.m.

2016-07-11 11:12:56

--On Monday, July 11, 2016 16:38 +0100 Stewart Bryant
<stewart(_dot_)bryant(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

I am more concerned that we have wasted five hours of meeting
time that could have been used to reduce meeting conflicts,
and thus enable better cross area review.

FWIW, the justification for a half-day Friday session was that
it was necessary to schedule so much work that there was simply
no way to do it in four days.  There have been comments in this
thread (and the many prior versions of it) about the
desirability of getting home in Friday (which, in turn, may
interact with decisions about bringing families to meetings as
well as with both participant and IETF costs).   If we really
have potential surplus meeting hours, is it time to reconsider
the Friday decision, trying to use possible meeting slots
(including time recovered by reducing the number of plenaries)
efficiently enough to return to a four-day schedule?

   john