Re: How to get feedback on published RFCs

2016-07-19 12:17:11
On Tue 19/Jul/2016 14:49:36 +0200 S Moonesamy wrote:
At 02:35 19-07-2016, Yaron Sheffer wrote:

There is a number of tools now that allow "web annotations" (i.e., comments)
on various published documents. I submitted a draft [1] recently that
proposes to enable annotations on the "tools" version of our RFCs.
Technically, this is a trivial change. From a process point of view it is
more complicated and merits discussion on this list. Sec. 6 of the draft
allows you to see for yourself what such annotations would look like.

I recall that this has been discussed before.

I recall a 2012 occasion[*] where I asked for a better tool than errata held for document revision.

[*] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-smtp/current/msg07284.html

As the proposed experiment identifies "tools" RFCs, it shouldn't affect the
archival series.

Annotations are stored separately. In principle, notes sticked to a given URL can be displayed anywhere.

Ale