Re: bettering open source involvement

2016-07-28 12:35:07
On 7/28/16 2:51 AM, Riccardo Bernardini wrote:
I have direct experience with FOSDEM (https://fosdem.org/2017/) that is
held every year end of January/beginning of February in Bruxelles.
Personally, I like it, I find it very active (~5000 participants/year)
and refreshing (after a year buzz-wording).  Joking I say that it looks
almost like IETF's incubator... :-) (the density of geeks per square
meter is similar :-)

I think that if we wait for people to come to us, we'll be
waiting for people to come to us.  I spoke a few months ago
at PyCon US, and while it was specifically about getdns (an
advanced DNS library) it was also an opportunity to talk about
DNS privacy and security issues, and that mitigations are
specified and available, along with ongoing work in the IETF.
It was an extremely positive experience, highly recommended.
Also, non-IETF hackathons are a good thing.

Melinda