OCSP Stapling

2016-08-01 13:58:51
Dear IETF Community:

At IETF-Action, we received the following request:

Currently I cannot view anything on the IETF website because your
certificate authorities OCSP server is down and I cannot verify that
the certificate has not been revoked.
Please enable OCSP stapling on your webservers so that in the future
your availability in browsers that require OCSP checks (Firefox with
strict revocation checks enabled in my case) can still access your
site without it being dependant on your CAs OCSP service.

I have referred this matter to the TMC, and they have asked me to
refer this out to the community.

Absent any objections to this, we will enable OCSP Stapling as
requested later this week.  If there are any objections or comments,
please make them known on this list for community debate.  (Although I
don't normally follow the IETF list, I will be doing so for the
duration of the discussion.)

Thank you for your review of this matter!

Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)