Re: New Version Notification for draft-leiba-rfc2119-update-00.txt

2016-08-11 08:48:57
Optional is useful in a requirements RFC.

Feature x is REQUIRED

Feature y is OPTIONAL

I think it's clear from the discussion that we do not have consensus
on deprecating the adjectives and are not likely to, so I will remove
those in the next update.  That makes me inclined to remove the whole
section and, as John suggests, keep this purely to the issue of
capitals... unless there's a real interest in deprecating "SHALL" and
"SHALL NOT", as they add nothing to the "MUST"s other than
history/custom.

Barry