Re: New Version Notification for draft-leiba-rfc2119-update-00.txt

2016-08-11 07:58:03
The problem with SHALL is that in other contexts it often means MUST, which
is kind of weird, and not really what the english word means.   I tend to
agree that it's worth advising against its use.

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 7:44 AM, Stewart Bryant
<stewart(_dot_)bryant(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Optional is useful in a requirements RFC.

Feature x is REQUIRED

Feature y is OPTIONAL

- Stewart