Re: IETF 97 - Registration and Hotel Reservations Open Now!

2016-08-11 20:45:29

--On Friday, August 12, 2016 11:32 +1000 grenville armitage
<garmitage(_at_)swin(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au> wrote:

t's quick -- 4hrs after your email is sent, and the Conrad
Seoul (Headquarters Hotel, block of 400 rooms) website is
already saying "The requested rate is not available. View
other available rooms and rates below." for a GIETF booking
between Nov.12 and Nov.19

What you didn't mention is that the rooms that are still
available have starting prices at about twice the rate listed in
the announcement and go up from there.  So I wonder, is that a
block of 400 rooms at the IETF rate?  Or a block of a few rooms
at the IETF rate with the rest of the 400 held for us at any
price the hotel thinks it can get?

Of course, if the contract were posted, even in redacted form,
we could presumably find that out, but the IAOC has decided that
information is too secret for us to know.

I was considering actually coming to that meeting, but, at circa
USD 450/room/night including taxes... not likely.

best,
    john