Re: IETF 97 - Registration and Hotel Reservations Open Now!

2016-08-12 09:05:43
If the ietf were to stop getting discounted blocks of rooms at the
conference hotel entirely, how much money would the org save? Could
the savings (if any) be applied to reducing the conference fees
themselves?

For the last IETFs that I have made it to, I used airbnb. For the
berlin one, I got a nice place for 56 eu/night about 20 minutes by
bike from the conference. It was very head-clearing to bike back and
forth to the conference.

A quick search on airbnb for seoul shows a variety of rooms ranging in
cost from a minimum of 12 (dorm) to a typical average of 55 - I found
a really amazing place for 42/night just now - tempts me to make this
version of the conference.

Lastly, I've always kind of wished some sort of airline was a sponsor...