Re: IETF 97 - Registration and Hotel Reservations Open Now!

2016-08-12 13:50:16
On 12 Aug 2016, at 19:20, Stewart Bryant
<stewart(_dot_)bryant(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Maybe we need to move to a system of ballot, where people who want to stay at
the main hotel out their name in a hat, and the lucky ones get their name
pulled out and thus first call on that hotel.

The way it works at the moment seems to be that if you are lucky enough to be
doing an email check at the right time and book at once you are OK, otherwise
you miss out

It is heavily timezone/location dependent. This announcement would not have
been good timing for Europeans; a 10pm announcement and all places gone by the
morning. It seems it’s now common for all rooms (however many were actually
available to regular punters) to go in a few hours. As it happens I got lucky
due to working late.

Tim