Re: DMARC and ietf.org

2016-08-14 12:27:37
Hi Jeff,

For information about the facilitators experiment, please see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg97290.html

At 10:20 12-08-2016, =JeffH wrote:
Regardless of details, applying some sort of remediation to ietf.org/mailman is becoming more pressing IMV -- I am noticing that email, sent from pingidentity.com (p=quarantine; pct=100;) via IETF mailing lists, is not being delivered to my paypal.com inbox at all. Also, the same is occurring for some email from microsoft.com (p=quarantine; pct=30;). The same is true for email I might send via my @paypal.com persona.

The W3C mailing list manager (MLM) is apparently configured to do rfc5322.from field re-writing which seems to ameliorate the DMARC-MLM issues (in my experience, at least), and it would be helpful if the IETF would take similar measures.

There was a message [1] from Russ Housley on this thread in which he mentioned that: "Mailman has an option we can enable to force DMARC-spoofing sender rewriting of all outgoing Mailman email. If we enable that option, the From: field rewriting and could be disruptive in unknown ways". It was also mentioned that "SPF/DMARC are taken into account" for the scoring of incoming email to ietf.org.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg98965.html