Re: DMARC and ietf.org

2016-08-14 12:23:03
On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 11:50:42AM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 11:10:59AM -0400, John R Levine wrote:
ARC is supposed to be the magic bullet that will fix all of this, but
this assumes someone is going to create ARC implementations for all of
the common mailing list server implementations, and it's not obvious
that this is going to be happening, either.

The Mailman people are certainly working on it, and I plan to work on Sympa.
What list software are you thinking of?

Do you know of anyone working on Majordomo?  (This has been the only
mailing list software that has proven to be capable of handling the
mailing list traffic for the kernel.org mailing lists.)

While I don't know the situation wrt majordomo, perhaps "ezmlm-idx"
would also work?  There is some support for DMARC in that codebase.

https://github.com/bruceg/ezmlm-idx/commit/925870c82d7ffa6c00ce22cc348e27a48e764a09

When Postfix added support for QMQP in July of 2001, it was to
support ezmlm, which at the time was the only list manager that
was scalable enough to support the SecurityFocus lists with IIRC
more than 100k recipients.

Though that would likely require running qmail for final delivery
on the list input side, with ezmlm and Postfix handling output.

--
        Viktor.