IETF Mailing Lists and DMARC

2016-11-02 11:01:05

So if someone send a email with a bad signature to an IETF list from a domain
that has a reject policy, and the IETF server forwards it to my email email
provider, my email provider rejects it. Now the IETF email server counts that
as a bounce. Too many bounces in a row and the IETF server unsubscribes me from
the list.

This does not seem OK that anyone can trivially send some SPAM and get me
unsubscribed.

What's the right advice on how the IETF server should be run?

Now to a more detailed problem - Jana sends lots of email to the quic list. I
don't get any of them. It appears that my email server (run by rackspace)
rejects them with an

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Email rejected per DMARC policy for google.com
(G15)

If Jana sends the email directly to me, it works. This seems to point at the
IETF server is doing something that breaks signature in Jana email.

I realize this is not the "debug your email" list, but I have no idea where is
the right place to ask about this so I sent it here. Sorry.

Can anyone tell me how their DMARC system views the emails from Jana to the
quic(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org list ?