RE: IETF Mailing Lists and DMARC

2016-11-03 11:14:42

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Bob Hinden
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2016 11:49 AM
To: Ted Lemon
Cc: Bob Hinden; IETF

Ted,

What is _not_ okay, and totally not acceptable, is to continue
allowing things to be broken after three years.

While I agree that it has been broken for a long time and would be good to
fix, I note that understanding the problem does not mean there is a
workable solution.  From reading this thread, it sounds to me that if there
was a workable solution, it would have been fixed by now.  The potential
solutions being proposed, appear to have side effect worse than than the
original problem.

The underlying question is more along the lines of "workable for whom?" The
various proposed solutions require change on the part of one or more
parties/constituencies. To some extent change=pain for one or more of those
constituencies. When we talk about a "workable solution", are we only talking
about IETF lists?

Mike