Re: IETF Mailing Lists and DMARC

2016-11-02 17:45:11
I'm sorry, John, but I reject your assertion that the solution to this
problem is to participate in a standards process until a solution
finally comes forth.   The situation as it exists today is preventing
IETF consensus from happening as it should, and getting in the way of
the functioning of nomcom.   This is not acceptable.

As Brandon has said, we already know how to solve this problem.
Solving it is an ops problem, not a standards development problem.
It would be great if we had a standard that solved it, but we don't.
And Brian Carpenter, if there is a way to configure mailman to do what
you propose, this would be fine too.   But we have to do one of those
two things.

What is _not_ okay, and totally not acceptable, is to continue
allowing things to be broken after three years.